- Distinguished Professor of Education Greg Dunan to be Honored at December 6 Ceremony at University of Zurich: 2013 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize (1,000,000 Swiss Francs Award) in Recognition of His Scholarly Work Investigating the Impact of Poverty on Children's Development
- Distinguished Professor of Education Jacquelynne Eccles Delivers Keynote Address at Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) Conference: "Sports Participation, Adolescent Development, and the Transition into Adulthoood"
- Associate Professor Gilberto Q. Conchas Publishes in Journal of Gang Research: “Gang Formation Revisited: A Human Development Framework to Inform Balanced Anti-Gang Strategies”
- Associate Professor Liane Brouillette Publishes with Ph.D. Student Christa Greenfader in The Reading Teacher: “Boosting Language Skills of English Learners Through Dramatization and Movement”
- Assistant Professor Susanne Jaeggi Publishes with Colleagues in Memory & Cognition: “The Role of Individual Differences in Cognitive Training and Transfer”
- Lecturer Valerie Henry Leads UC Irvine Research Action Cluster Team Participation in the Math Teacher Education Partnership
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Discusses Options for Study in U.S. as Part of Welcome Week at University of Bologna and Cesena
- Author, Dean's Advisory Board Member Linda Clinard Announces Release of Family Time Reading Fun in Spanish: Diviertanse Leyendo en Familia
- Director of Teacher Education Virginian Panish Hosts School of Education Fall Mentor Teacher Orientation
- Distinguished Professor of Education Receives
2013 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize - 1,000,000 Swiss Francs - in
Recognition of Work Investigating the Impact of Poverty on Children's
- Distinguished Professor of Education Honored with Gold Medal for Life Achievement in Psychology at 2013 Annual American Psychological Association Meeting
- Professor Mark Warschauer Receives
Grant with Colleagues to Study "Peer Assessment and Academic Achievement
in a Gateway MOOC"
- Associate Professor Gilberto Q. Conchas Publishes
with Colleagues in Latino Studies: "Reflecting on the Institutional
Processes for College Success: The Experiences of Four Chicanos in the Context
- Assistant Professor Joshua Lawrence Publishes with Doctoral Students Alex Lin and Soobin Yim in Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy: "Learning to Write in Middle School"
- Assistant Professor Susanne Jaeggi Presents
at the Society for Psychophysiological Research Annual Meeting in
Italy: "Underlying Mechanisms of Working Memory Training and Transfer"
- Associate Professor Elizabeth van Es Presents
at EARLI Conference with Doctoral Student Jennifer Long: "Investigating
the Nature of University Supervisors' 'Noticing" of Classroom Lessons"
- Assistant Professor Joshua Lawrence Publishes Book with Colleagues: Adolescent Literacy in the Era of the Common Core
- Professor George Farkas Publishes with Colleagues in Child Development: "Preschool Center Quality and School Readiness; Quality Effects and Variation by Demographic and Child Characteristics"
- Assistant Professor Susanne Jaeggi Publishes with Colleague in Current Topics in Behavioral Neuroscience: "The Emergence of Cognitive Control Abilities in Childhood"
- Associate Professor Stephanie Reich's Article is 3rd Most-Downloaded in 2013 from Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology: Online and Offline Social Networks: Use of Social Networking Sites by Emerging Adults
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Serves as Symposium Chair and Presents with Colleagues at European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI) Conference in Munich, Germany, August 27-30
- Early Childhood Research by Distinguished Professor of Education Greg Duncan Featured in Interactive Video Exhibit at Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul: "The Wonder Years"
- Assistant Professor Anne McDaniel Presents at Americal Sociological Association Conference in New York: "Gender Inequality, Sex Segregation and the Gender Gap in Science Self-Efficacy Across Countries"
- Professor George Farkas Publishes with Colleagues in Pediatrics: "Racial and Ethnic Disparities in ADHD Diagnosis From Kindergarten to 8th Grade"
- Professor Mark Warschauer Publishes with Colleagues in Journal of Educational Computing Research: "Digital Writing and Diversity: The Effects of School Laptop Programs on Literacy Processes and Outcomes"
- Assistant Professor Anne McDanei Publishes in Demographic Research: "Parental Education and the Gender Gap in University Completion in Europe"
- Distinguished Professor of Education Greg Duncan Featured Speaker on ReadyNation webinar “Start Early with STEM”
- Associate Professor Joshua Lawrence Receives Hellman Fellowship Award for Research: "Using the Content Area Literacy Survey (CALS) to Meet the Demands of the Common Core Standards"
- Associate Professor Tesha Sengupta-Irving Receives Hellman Fellowship Award for Research: "Equity in Opportunity: A Study of Student Learning and Interest in Engineering Design"
- Associate Professor Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez Receives Hellman Fellowship Award for Research: "Teaching and Language Facilitation Techniques Associated with Preschoolers' Vocabulary Growth"
- Associate Professor Susanne Jaeggi's Research Included in PBS Special: "Smarter Brains"
- Associate Professor Thad Domina Publishes in Research in Higher Education: "Does Merit Aid Program Design Matter? A Cross-Cohort Analysis"
- Professor Judith Sandholtz Presents at Campus-Wide Forum Sponsored by the Division of Undergraduate Education: "Assessment of Student Learning in the Undergraduate Minor in Educational Studies"
- Associate Professor Stephanie Reich Elected to American Psychological Association Executive Board, Society for Community Research and Action: Division of Community Action (Division 27)
- Professor Joseph Mahoney Presents Research on Summer Learning at the National Academy of Sciences
- Ph.D. in Education Graduate Chin-Hsi Lin Accepts Assistant Professor Appointment at Michigan State University
- Ph.D. in Education Graduate Weilin Li Joins Child Trends, Bethesda, Maryland, as Research Scientist
- Ph.D. in Education Summer Graduate Paul Rama Accepts Assistant Professor Position at Brigham Young University-Hawaii
- Ph.D. in Education Summer Graduate Binbin Zheng Accepts Assistant Professor Position at Michigan State University
- Assistant Professor Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez Awarded 2013 National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Assistant Professor Joshua Lawrence Presents at University of Hong Kong: "Investigating the Relationship Between Classroom Discussion, Academic Language, and Civic Engagement"
- Assistant Professor Thad Domina's Research Cited in New York Times: "Affirmative Reaction"
- Professor Judith Sandholtz's Research Featured in Policy Analysis for California Education: "Improving Elementary Science Instruction Through Professional Development"
- Professor George Farkas' Article is 9th Most Downloaded from 2012-2013 Education Researcher: "Are Minority Children Disproportionately Represented in Early Intervention and Early Childhood Education?"
- Professor Joseph Mahoney Appointed to Editorial Board of American Psychological Association Journal Advances in Child and Family Policy and Practice
- Associate Professor Rebecca Black Featured in YouTube Video on How to Teach Students About Writing: "Modeling Your Writing Process"
- Assistant Professor Stephanie Reich Receives American Psychological Association Division 27 Early Career Award (Society for Community Research and Action)
- Assistant Professor AnneMarie Conley's Advisees Katerina Schenke and Cathy Tran Mentor Undergraduates to First Author Presentation at Games+Learning+Society Conference in Madison, Wisconsin
- Associate Professor Elizabeth van Es Contributes Chapter 9 in Mathematics Teacher Noticing, Winner of the 2013 Division K Exemplary Research in Teaching and Teacher Education Award: "A Framework for Learning to Notice Student Thinking"
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Contributes Chapter 10 in Mathematics Teacher Noticing, Winner of the 2013 Division K Exemplary Research in Teaching and Teacher Education Award: "From Teacher Noticing to a Framework for Analyzing and Improving Classroom Lessons"
- Director of Undergraduate Education Sue Marshall Announces: UC Irvine Cal Teach Program Receives $3.5 Million to Support K-12 Math and Science Teacher Education
- Associate Professor Elizabeth van Es Publishes with Colleagues Jennifer Long and Rebecca Black in Linguistics and Education: "Supervisor-Student Teacher Interactions: The Role of Conversational Frames in Developing a Vision of Ambitious Teaching"
- Associate Professor Stephanie Reich's Publication: "Friending, IMing and Hanging Out Face-to-Face: Overlap in Adolescents' Online and Offline Social Networks" is 3rd Most Downloaded Article (649) in Developmental Psychology in past 10 years
- Assistant Professor Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez Publishes with Colleague in Early Childhood Research Quarterly: "Growth in Toddlers’ Spanish, English, and Conceptual Vocabulary Knowledge"
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Presents with Colleague at National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference: "Learning from Teaching in Teacher Preparation: Findings from Two NSF Career Projects"
- Professor Joseph Mahoney Appointed Associate Editor of the International Journal of Research on Extended Education
- Assistant Professor Joshua Lawrence Participates as Visiting Scholar in Research Project at University of Oslo
- Assistant Professor Joshua Lawrence Publishes in Journal of Child Language: "The Second Language Vocabulary Trajectories of Turkish Immigrant Children in Norway from Ages 5-10"
- Professor Judith Haymore Sandholtz Publishes in Professional Development in Education: "Assessing the Impact of Teacher Professional Development on Science Instruction in the Early Elementary Grades in Rural U.S. Schools"
- Associate Professor Stephanie Reich Presents at Early Education and Technology for Children (EETC) Conference: "The Developmental Appropriateness & Educational Affordances of Preschool Online Games"
- Assistant Professor Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez Publishes in NHSA Dialog: A Research-to-Practice Journal: "Promoting shared cultural and linguistic backgrounds among children and families in Early Head Start/Head Start Programs"
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Joins Scientific Committee of Italian Open-Access Journal Form@re
- Professor Joseph Mahoney rejoins Faculty Advisory Committee for the UC Irvine Minor in Civic and Community Engagement
- Distinguished Professor of Education Greg Duncan Presents at Population Association of America (PAA): "Increasing Inequality in Parent Incomes and Children's Completed Schooling: Correlation or Causation?"
- Professor George Farkas Presents at Population Association of America (PAA): "Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder Diagnosis at Kindergarten Entry: Evidence from a Nationally Representative Sample of U.S. Children"
- Associate Professor Rossella Santagata Presents at Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Annual Meeting: "Developing Teaching Capacity for Making Productive Use of Mathematical Errors"
- Assistant Professor Anne McDaniel Presents at Sociology of Education Association (SEA) Conference: "The Cross-National Gender Gap in STEM Career Expectations"
- Professor Judith Haymore Sandholtz Presents at American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE): "Performance Assessment for Teaching Traditionally Underserved Students"
- Assistant Professor Maria Estela Zarate Presents at Sociology of Education Association (SEA) Conference: "Teacher Perspectives of Their Role in Students' College Access" and "Latina Trajectories to College: The Role of Mathematics, Family, and Teachers"
- Assistant Professor Tesha Sengupta-Irving Publishes in Teaching and Teacher Education: "Re-Storying Practice: Using Stories About Students to Advance Mathematics Education Reform"
- Assistant Professor Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez Co-Authors Book with Colleagues: Teaching Vocabulary to English Language Learners
- Professor George Farkas Publishes with Colleagues in Maternal and Child Health Journal: "Quality Disparities in Child Care for At-Risk Children: Comparing Head Start and Non-Head Start Settings"
- Assistant Professor Anne McDaniel Delivers Lecture at Comparative Sociology Workshop: "Who Wants to be a Scientist? The Cross-National Gender Gap in STEM Career Expectations"
- Lecturer Susan Guilfoyle's SoE Bilingual Website Pages Garner Top Four Positions as Most Frequently Googled Bilingual Sites
- Professor Mark Warschauer Co-Edits New Book: Contemporary Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Associate Professor Carol Booth Olson Hosts 13th Annual UC Irvine Literacy Conference for K-12 Teachers
- Professor George Farkas Publishes in Educational Researcher: "Are Minority Children Disproportionately Represented in Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education?"
- Assistant Professor AnneMarie Conley Facilitates UCI Visit for GGUSD Students Producing High School Recruiting Video About University Life
2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007